Quality and sustainability
Herbs of Gold fish oils are made from high-quality, sustainably sourced oil that undergoes stringent quality controls. The oil is tested for mercury and other heavy metals, including lead, cadmium and arsenic, and surpasses industry purity standards for heavy metals, environmental pollutants and oxidation markers. The fish oil is sourced from sustainable fisheries that use eco-friendly fishing techniques to prevent by-catch of birds and other marine animals.
Small, wild, cold-water fish species such as sardines, herrings, anchovies, mackerel and pilchards are used as they have especially low environmental impurities and they naturally contain higher levels of EPA and DHA.
Benefits of EPA & DHA
- Support skin health
- Help to maintain heart health and a healthy cardiovascular system
- Reduce menstruation pain
- DHA is an important structural component of the eye retina and supports eye health
- Support brain health and cognitive function
- Relieve inflammation and support joint health
- Support healthy foetal eye and brain development, and support brain function and healthy eye development in breast-fed healthy infants
Every batch of Herbs of Gold fish oil is standardised to EPA and DHA. Higher levels of EPA and DHA can be achieved through a 2-3 step molecular distillation process that concentrates the EPA and DHA, providing greater purification that also helps to make the fish oil odourless.
A standard fish oil supplement generally contains 180mg of EPA and 120mg of DHA per 1g (See Fish Oil 1000). This is ideal for supporting everyday general health and wellbeing or for those not eating the recommended two serves of oily fish per week.