- 1 cup of plain flour (extra for dusting)
- 1 cup of full fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Oil spray
- 12 tsp of pesto
- 6 tbsp of mozzarella
- Make dough - mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. If it seems to moist, incorporate some extra flour, about 1-2 tablespoons. Knead it for a few minutes until it isn’t so sticky and form into a ball. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Flour a work surface and the dough ball. Cut into 6 even portions.
- Roll each portion into a 12cm disc.
- Spread 2 tsp of pesto in the centre leaving a ~1cm border around the edge. Add cheese. Bring one of the edges of the dough disc over to meet the opposite edge then press the joined edges lightly with your fingers to seal. Roll or fold the edge inwards for decorative appeal. If you find it doesn’t hold its shape, lightly wet the edge with some water using your fingers to help the dough stick. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Preheat oven or air-fryer to 200C. Lightly oil a tray or the air fryer compartment (*DO NOT USE BAKING PAPER* - you want the dough to be in complete contact with the pan for extra goldenness and crispness!). Add your calzones to the tray or air-fryer compartment and lightly spray the top with oil. Pop in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or just until they are puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve hot!
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron