Makes 2 servings
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice/quinoa (use the microwaveable kind to save time)
- 2 tbsp of pesto (the fresh kind from the deli is the best!!)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 fried eggs
WHAT TO DO
- Heat up oil in a pan. Cook lentils for a few minutes until they are slightly crispy. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and sauté until they soften and become translucent. Add rice or quinoa and cook for a few minutes.
- Add in 2 handfuls of baby spinach and wilt. Make sure to season slightly every time you add a new ingredient!
- Add pesto and cook for a few minutes until well combined. Divvy it up on 2 plates.
- Meanwhile, fry up 2 eggs. Serve one lentil mixture and drizzle over extra pesto!
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron