- 2 cucumbers, halved length ways, then finely sliced into half moons (skins on or removed)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g of canned mixed beans (drained)
- 3-4 tbsp of cubed person feta, crumbed
- Salt and pepper to taste (if necessary)
Rocket Salsa Verde
- 1 1/2 packed cup of baby rocket
- 1 packed cup of fresh basil
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 3-4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 6-7 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked pepper
- Make salsa verde: in a NutriBullet or mini blender, blend all ingredients except for oil until fine. Once blended, pulse in the half the amount of olive oil until smooth. Stir in the remaining oil with a spoon. Taste and season if necessary.
- In a serving bowl, layer the ingredients in the following fashion: cucumber at the base, onion, beans and then finally with crumbled feta.
- Top with roughly 4-5 tbsp of salsa verde or as little or as much as you like! Note: you will have left over salsa verde, but not too worry! Store left overs in a jar and keep for another day. See tips on how to use salsa in notes below.
Notes & Modifications:
To make vegan: swap feta with a vegan alternative. Swap the anchovies for 1 tsp of capers. You will have left over salsa verde. You can drizzle over grilled fish, chicken, or eggs (boiled, fried or scrambled) OR use to dress your favourite bruschetta combination.
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron