- 3 tsp of beetroot powder
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 scoops or 60g vanilla protein powder (whey or plant based)
- 1/2 cup of nut butter (almond or cashew)
- 2 1/2 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- In a processor blitz the beetroot powder, dates, protein powder, nut butter and water until well combined.
- Pulse in oats and cacao nibs. The mixture should have enough moisture for it to come together. It should NOT crumble or break or neither be too wet and/or sticky. When in doubt if you find your mix is a bit dry add a teaspoon of water if you find your mixture is too dry.
- Roll into 12-13 balls (mine weighed about 33-35g each).
Store in the fridge in a air tight container and take out when you need a healthy sweet treat!
Notes & Modifications:
To make Vegan: use a plant-based protein powder.
To make Gluten Free: use GF certified oats.
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron