- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 150-200g of dark chocolate (such as 85% lindt).
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (you may need slightly less if you're using sweeter chocolate. Taste as you go!)
- 1 tsp of instant coffee powder (optional)
- Sea salt flakes
- Air fry chickpeas at 200°C for 10-12 minutes. Otherwise, cook them in a preheated oven at the same temp and same amount of time.
- Melt chocolate: place chocolate into a microwaveable bowl. Pop in the microwave for 30-40 second bouts and stir in between, until chocolate is fully melted.
- Add maple syrup to melted chocolate and combine well (it will slightly thicken up but that’s okay, you just need to work fast!)
- Add chickpeas to chocolate and incorporate well. Pour chocolate/chickpea mixture into a parchment paper-lined container or tray and spread out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Pop in the freezer for ~ 2 hours or until completely hardened.
- Using a knife or your hands, break into shards. Store in the freezer.
Notes & Modifications:
If you are not a fan of bitter chocolate than consider a cacao percentage around the 60-70% mark. The more chocolate you use the chunkier it will be (200g). If you prefer a delicate texture use less chocolate (150g).
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron