- 3 cups of sprouted & cooked chickpeas
- a few tsp. of coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped roughly
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. of the powders of: cumin, coriander, paprika, garam masala & 1/2 tsp. of turmeric
- 6 tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 jalapeo chillis, seeds removed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 1 tsp. Ginger
- 6 cups of vegetable stock (or even better bone broth - chicken bone broth would be really nice in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk
- water, extra
- coriander, to serve
- In a big pot, turn on the heat and cook the onion, with the 1 tsp. of salt and bay leaves. Cook until the onion is soft and almost transparent
- To the soft onion add the following: 1 tsp. of cumin, coriander, paprika, garam masala & 1/2 tsp. of turmeric. Stir.
- In a blender/food processor: process the 6 tomatoes, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 jalapeno chillis, 1 red chilli & the 1 tsp of ginger. Process this until a smooth mixture has formed. Now add this mixture to the pot. Stir this mixture into the onions.
- Add 6 cups of stock/broth. Stir the broth into the soup mixture.
- Add the cooked chickpeas (be sure to discard any of the water that you cooked the chickpeas in). Stir the mixture. Leave to simmer for a little while.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until a smooth consistency forms and the chickpeas have disintegrated. Alternatively, blend the soup in batches in a food processor until a smooth consistency forms.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with coriander on top.
Recipe courtesy of www.healthfoodlover.com