1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely diced
4 celery sticks, finely diced
3 carrots, peeled and cubed
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1 cup cubed butternut squash
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried thyme or Italian seasoning
6 cups hot chicken stock (broth)
900g chicken tenders (mini chicken breasts)
3-4 tbsp tomato paste
1 zucchini, cubed
1 cup sweet corn (from a small tin, drained)
1/2 cup risoni pasta
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp parsley, chopped, plus extra to serve
Salt and pepper to season
A little grated Parmesan to serve (optional)
WHAT TO DO
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, potato and squash, stir in the salt and herbs and sauté over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a low simmer.
- Add the chicken and stir in the tomato paste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the zucchini, corn, pasta and lemon juice and cook for 10-13 minutes, or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Take the soup off the heat and remove the chicken using tongs.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and return to the pot.
- Stir in the parsley. Taste the soup and season with pepper and salt, if needed.
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges on the side, sprinkled with a little grated Parmesan (optional).
Source Super Golden Bakes