- 120g of baby rocket
- 1 medium purple carrot, ribboned or grated (orange carrot is fine if you can't find)
- 90g of goats cheese*
- 1/3 cup of chopped roasted unsalted macadamias
- 1/3 cup dried (uncooked) quinoa
- 1 tbsp of chopped chives
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze*
- Cook quinoa per packet instructions. Leave aside to cool completely (TIP: transfer to a colander with small holes and then rinse with cold water to accelerate this process).
- On a serving plate, add rocket salad, top with cooled quinoa, ribbons (of grated) of carrot, nuts, crumbled goats cheese and chives.
- Drizzle over some extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Season with salt and pepper and toss with serving spoons or tongs.
Notes & Modifications:
Low-FODMAP: Balsamic vinegar is technically rated as a moderate FODMAP. However it does have a safe low FODMAP serving size of 1 tablespoon per person, which is plenty to make a nice salad dressing with. Just remember that larger serves of balsamic vinegar (two tablespoons) moderate levels of fructose.
To make it Vegan: omit the goats cheese and/or replace with a soft vegan cheese alternative
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron