Serves 4-5 people
- 14 lamb cutlets
- 2 tbsp of za’tar spice mix
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves of garlic (crushed or grated)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
WHAT TO DO
- With a meat mallet, bash both sides of your cutlets to encourage tenderisation. Then place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle over za’tar, then add garlic and olive oil. Massage with your hands. Pop in the fridge to let them marinate for a minimum of 2 hours (the longer you leave, the more intense the flavour).
- Heat a griddle pan to medium high heat. Add lamb cutlets, season with salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes or until browned and crispy. Flip, season and cook for another few minutes. Cut into a cutlet to check it’s cooked properly (it should be pink inside). Take off the heat and let it rest on a plate. Repeat with remaining cutlets.
Sourced from @thegirlinthegreenapron